Rand McNally Dock
Rand McNally Dock is an application that manages and updates your Rand McNally GPS devices. You can install the latest software and map update on your device with the help of this software. Hence to download and install the software, follow the given guide.
Before downloading the software, make sure that your system is compatible according to the below-given system requirements:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 (Windows Net framework 3.5 or higher).
- Intel-based Mac OS X 10.5 and higher (El Capitan with XQuartz version 2.7.8)
Supported Web Browsers:
- Internet Explorer 7 and higher.
- Safari 4 and higher.
- Chrome 4 and higher.
- Firefox 3 and higher.
- Opera 10 and higher.
Hard Disk Space:
- A minimum disk space of 8 GB.
Download Rand McNally Dock
- First of all, open a web browser, for example, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc. on your system.
- Then, type randmcnally.com/dock in the address bar and press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- Now, you will see two separate links of “Windows” and “Mac” for downloading the software.
- If you are a Windows user, you need to click on the Windows link given there. But if you are installing on Mac, select either “Mac 32-bit version” or “Mac 64-bit version” based on the version of your Mac OS.
- Now, Rand McNally Dock will start downloading on your system. As the software may take some time to download, so you need to wait for its completion.
- After the setup file is downloaded, it will automatically be saved in the Downloads folder.
To install the Rand McNally Dock, follow the step-by-step procedure that is given below:
- Open the Downloads folder on your system. If you are a Mac user, open Finder and then click “Downloads” located on the left side of the window.
- Now, search for the setup file of Rand McNally Dock. Then double-click on it.
- After that, a pop-up box of Security Warning will appear on your screen asking you – Do you want to run this file? Select Run and it will start extracting the files.
- Then, you will get another pop-up of User Account Control asking for your permission to make necessary changes to your computer. To allow the program and to proceed further, click “Yes”.
- Now, you will see the Install Shield Wizard window on your screen. Click on the Next button which is given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- After that, the Software License Agreement window will appear on your screen. Review all the terms and conditions of the agreement by scrolling down the page. If you agree with the terms and to continue with the installation process, select the checkbox “I accept the terms of the License Agreement”. Then, click “Next”.
- In the next window of “Choose Destination Disk Drive”, you need to select the drive in which you want to save the installation file. Hence, choose the drive from the available disk drive field by clicking on the drop-down arrow key. Then, click on the Next button.
- Now, the Installation window will display on your screen. To start the installation process, click on the Install button which is positioned at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- If you are installing the software on Mac, it will show you a pop-up box asking you to enter your Mac credentials. Hence, type your Mac Username and password into their respective fields and click OK.
- In between the installation process, you are not allowed to close the window or turn off your system. Otherwise, the software installation will be canceled.
- Once the software is installed, Installation Successful window will appear on your screen. Click on the Finish button.