What to do when Rand McNally TND Launcher has Stopped Working?
Rand McNally is a popular brand providing its users with ultimate GPS devices. In order to get accurate information, you need to update Rand McNally as well as maps every time they are available. At the time of installing the updates, your Rand McNally TND 740 launcher might stop working. Since maps are an important part and keeping them updated is really important. Hence, you need to resolve the error as soon as possible. To fix the error effectively, you can follow the information mentioned below.
Methods to Perform When Your Rand McNally TND Launcher has Stopped Working
Following are the two methods that you must perform for fixing your device when the TND launcher has stopped working. Both the methods are reliable and work best to resolve the issue. Ensure that you pursue each step carefully to prevent mistakes.
The first method that you should try for resolving the Rand McNally TND 740 Launcher has Stopped Working error, you have to try resetting your device. For this, you need to proceed with the steps given below.
- Initiate the process by turning off your GPS device by pressing the power button.
- Next, you need to press the volume button along with the power button and hold them for a few seconds. This will successfully boot your device into the engineering menu.
- After that, with the help of the Volume down button, you need to select the “Android Recovery Mode” option. To confirm the selection, use the volume up button.
- Now, the Android Robot along with a Warning Sign and “No Command” message will display on your screen.
- To step further, press both volume buttons simultaneously and get the recovery menu on your device.
- Using the volume down button, make the selection between:
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Yes – Delete all user data
- Reboot System Now
- Once you are done with the selection, use the volume down button and confirm it.
Note: You might lose your device data in the reset process. Hence, you are suggested to create a backup in advance.
- After all this, the reset process will begin. You have to wait until the process gets completed. Once it’s done, you can start using your device.
If error persists even after performing the reset process, you can try performing another method. Follow the process carefully to avoid errors.
- In order to fix the error, you first have to establish a connection between your system and device.
- Once you are done with this, you have to access the File Explorer window on your system.
- Afterwards, open the User folder and search for “.ini” files in it. You can also find these files with the title “Personal Preference Files”.
- These files are required to be deleted from your device. Hence, delete the files.
- Once you are done with deleting, you can remove your GPS device from your system.
- After waiting for a few minutes, you can restart your device to conclude the process successfully.