Rand Mcnally Update
Rand McNally GPS is the leading navigation devices that are known for their cutting-edge technology. For the smooth and accurate performance of your GPS device, it is important to keep them updated. You are required to perform the Rand McNally Update procedure every time they release a new update. In order to update your navigation device, you have to follow the process mentioned below.
Procedure for Rand McNally Product Registration
In case you are a new user and want to install the update for the first time, then you have to begin with downloading and installing the Rand McNally Dock application and then register your device. Only after that, you will be able to install the Rand Mcnally update.
- First and foremost, open a web browser and visit the Rand McNally Dock web page. For this, you have to type “randmcnally.com/dock” in the address bar.
- Then, you will get the download link both for Windows and Mac devices. You have to click the Rand McNally download link as per your operating system.
- Once the download gets completed, you have to double-click it. Then, follow the on-screen instructions for the installation process.
- After that, you are required to connect your GPS device to the power source. You have to keep your device plugged in until the Rand McNally Update process gets completed.
- Further, you have to press the power button to turn on your GPS device.
- Thereafter, establish a connection between your computing system and GPS device via USB cable. Take the cable that comes with the GPS device. Attach one end of the cable to the system and another end to the GPS device.
- After the successful establishment of connection, “Connected” status will display on the screen of your GPS device.
- Now, click the Rand McNally dock icon from the desktop or system tray in order to open the application.
- Initially, Rand McNally dock application will take a few seconds to get started. So, you have to wait for it.
- Then, you will be asked to register your Rand McNally GPS device. This is needed for installing the updates.
- In order to register, you have to enter the required information in the empty fields. Information such as your first and last name, email address, zip code, country, phone number, etc. is needed to be entered in the empty fields. Along with this, Rand McNally also asks you to enter the “Serial Number” of your GPS device.
- After providing all the information, you have to tap the “Submit” button.
- By doing so, a popup box will appear on your screen stating the “Registration Successful” message. From the popup box, click the “Ok” tab.
How to Install Rand McNally Update?
- To begin with the Rand McNally update, the first step is to connect your Rand McNally GPS device with the system via USB cable. For this, take the cable and connect its one end to the device and another end to the system.
- Then, you have to ensure that your system is well connected with the internet. High-speed internet is required for installing the Rand McNally Update on your device.
- After that, click the Rand McNally Dock icon from the desktop in order to open the application.
- On the main screen of the application, an Update button will be available. The green color of the Update button will indicate that an update for your device is available. On the other hand, grey in color of the button means that your GPS device is up-to-date.
- Now, in case an update is available, then you have to tap the “Update Available” option.
- By doing so, the application will start searching for the updates that are available for your Rand McNally GPS device.
- Thereafter, you will be shown the available update, their size, estimated time, as well as the number of files to be downloaded with the update. To proceed further, hit the “Begin Download” icon.
- This will initiate the update download process. Downloading is a time-consuming process. Hence, wait for its completion.
- After the successful completion of the download process, you will get a completion message on your screen.
- Further, you will be asked to transfer the Rand McNally update on your GPS device. In order to do so, you have to tap the “Transfer” icon. Now, the transfer process will initiate. This might take a few minutes to get completed. So, wait.
- Once the transfer gets completed, you will get the completion message on your screen.